High Iron

A blog about volunteering on a railroad in Berkeley

Friday, July 07, 2006

Day 2 - Photos and Sand


I had a full day today, but I wanted to drop by the Redwood Valley for a half hour or so. I dropped off a book to add to their library, and took a few photos, which you can see here. Grant was driving Locomotive #4 "Laurel", which is a 2-4-2 Columbia Class, and his wheels were slipping on the way in and away from the platform. He asked if I could grab the sand can from the ticket booth and sand the rails in the track area. Pretty straightforward, but then I'd never done it before, so it's just one more thing that I've learned.

The photo at the right is Laurel waiting for passengers to board. That's Ray driving at this point, as Grant was taking his lunch break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home